10.03.2009

an apple a day


My apple adventures of last weekend have only led to one apple tart and several tasty snacks. With over a pound still hanging out in the fridge, I decided today to inaugurate my slow cooker with a batch of homemade applesauce. Many recipes recommended using a mixture of apples, but having picked only Macintosh, I’m keeping it simple.

I wrote about my day in the orchard in my first post for Midnight Poutine. Give it a read!

slow cooker applesauce

  • 6 apples
  • 2 pieces cinnamon bark or ground cinnamon, to taste
  • brown sugar, to taste
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
  • slice of lemon rind
  • 1/4 – 1/2 c water

peel, core, and chop apples. toss with lemon juice, rind, cinnamon, and sugar in crock pot bowl. add water. cook on low for 6 -7 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment